With many years experience our surveyors are expert residential property advisors, able to advise on all forms of residential property.

Acquisition / Disposal

We deal with the acquisition or disposal of any residential property. Types of properties acquired and sold include:

  • Unconditional development opportunities.
  • Tenanted properties including regulated/ sitting/ assured or assured shorthold tenancies.
  • Flats with short leases.


We provide a wide range of residential property management services, including:

  • Residential block management.
  • Rent collection.
  • Management of portfolios.
  • Advice on the consultation proceedings detailed under Section 20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985.
  • Other service charge matters.
  • Arrears recovery.
  • Any other residential tenancy/ownership matter/dispute.


Valuations can be required for a variety of reasons, sale, purchase, Capital Gains Tax, probate, matrimonial, insurance and compensation.
With our expert knowledge we are able to supply valuations in accordance with the RICS Valuation Standards for either rental or capital valuation purposes.

Party Wall

Any work to a party wall or excavation close to a neighboring property is subject to The Party Wall Act 1996. There are many complexities to this act and we can advise you on any building work that may impede on a party wall, as strict procedures are required.

We also provide advice regarding boundary disputes between neighboring properties.


A Homebuyers Survey is the most frequently undertaken report and would be recommended for conventionally built properties. We provide a report on the condition of the property and can (if instructed) comment on the value. This should enable you to make an informed decision as to whether to proceed with the proposed purchase of the property.

The alternative is a Detailed Building Survey which is the definitive, traditional type of private survey, designed to deal with any type of property. We would recommend this for properties which are non-conventional or relatively old/complicated in design and construction. We would be pleased to discuss this with you.


If you require residential property advice, contact us to discuss your specific requirements.